UMC Event Calendar
International Education Week: Annual Photo Contest
Tuesday, November 12, 2013
As part of International Education Week, the Learning Abroad Office will be hosting a photo contest today (Tuesday, November 12) from 10 - 2 p.m. in the Prairie Room. There will be prizes for 1st - 3rd place. There will also be several door prizes for people coming in to view the photo's.
- Anybody can enter (open to faculty, students, and staff)
- You can submit as many photo's to the contest as you want but they cannot exceed 8X11 in size
- You must be willing to release the picture to the University of Minnesota Crookston to use in their 2014 Christmas calender.
- You can enter as many photo's but they must be labeled with this information on the back of each photo submitted. a) Your full legal name b) When picture was taken c) Where picture was taken d) a description of the photo e) a way we can contact you.
- You must e-mail Rae French detailing the photo's you submitted to email@example.com.
- Photos will need to be printed out and submitted to Rae French's office with all the information requested on the back of the photo. Framed photo's will not be accepted so please do not frame your photo.
You will be judged on......
Theme: example (holiday, host family, everyday life, adventure, etc.)
1st place $50.00 gift Card - plus the cover of the Learning Abroad calender & a free Calender.
2nd place $35.00 gift Card - plus a spread in the month of your choice & a free calender
3rd place $15 gift Card plus a spread in the calender & a free calender.
There will also be 9 other pictures chosen to take part in the calender. For every student who gets a photo submitted in the calender, you will receive a 50% discount if you wish to purchase a calender.
I encourage you all to participate in this great opportunity. Enter a photo and become "famous"! Also, if you win Rae would like a photo of you as well. Please contact her if you have any questions.
All photo's are due: Monday, November 11 by 4:00 p.m. Anything after that will not be guaranteed to be included.
If you are an online student and would like to participate: Please send pictures to
12 Hill Hall
2900 University Ave.
Crookston, MN 56716
All other students please slide photo's under Rae's door or give to Toynell Delaney.